Events Coordinator & Floral Designer
Little Acre Flowers is D.C.’s only 100% locally sourcing florist. Our flower arrangements reflect the seasons and include only the highest quality and longest-lasting ingredients sourced from as nearby as possible. Female-owned and run out of our studio in the U Street Corridor, we’ve received coverage through ABC News, Goop, Martha Stewart, The Washington Post, and Washingtonian for our unique “field to vase” approach. And we’re growing fast! We continue to grow our business by double digits each year, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver joy to even more people in our region.
Little Acre is seeking help facilitating operations of our growing weekend and events business. This individual will report to Little Acre’s General Manager and work closely with the Little Acre team to keep studio and event operations running seamlessly, most notably playing a large role in weekend operations.
Aspects of the Events Coordinator/Floral Designer role include;
- Floral design and fulfillment: Participate in all aspects of weekend business, including floral design, supply purchasing, order fulfillment, and delivery tracking.
- Customer service: Correspond with customers through various channels (email, phone, social media).
- Work with the General Manager to set sales goals, track KPIs, and manage performance
- Oversee weekend event execution as-needed
- Studio maintenance & upkeep - tidying, washing buckets, flower processing, supply prep (yes… there are some less glamorous aspects of a job in flowers!)
- 2-3 years experience in events, food & beverage, retail or other relevant field
- Has passion for local flowers and some previous floral design experience preferred
- Handles operations effortlessly and doesn’t hesitate to pull up their sleeves and hustle
- Likes making people happy and has some customer service experience
- Is excited to grow something and make it their own
- Problem solver who is unafraid of failure
- Flawless, detail oriented multi-tasker who likes a high-energy workplace
- Strong aesthetic sense; loves a good Instagram feed as much as we do!
- Is punctual and reliable, and likes the feeling of a hard day’s work
- Able to bend, squat, push, and lift heavy boxes and buckets and is comfortable standing for extended periods of time (this can be a physically demanding job!)
This is a fast-paced role with a starting hourly commitment of 18-20 hours/week with a fast ramp up to full-time hours / salary if growth targets are achieved. Must be able to work Wednesday through Saturday. Compensation commensurate with experience and will include commission on event-related sales.
If you think you might be our next team member, we want to hear from you! Send your resume and cover letter to tobie[at]littleacreflowers.com.