Part Time Floral Designer
Little Acre Flowers, DC’s only 100% locally sourcing florist, is looking to grow our amazing team!
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll work directly to support all aspects of our business - from helping customers over the phone, to designing bouquets and prepping materials, to helping brainstorm opportunities for growth. We’re seeking someone with some floral experience who can work part time (several days per week -- 20-25 hours). The days are flexible but must include Saturdays (we’re open seven days a week).
You could be our next team member if you:
- Have some exposure to flower growing and/or floral design
- Are a natural multi-tasker and thrive in a high-energy workplace
- Pitch in to make the job gets done and are flexible to adjust to rapid change
- Have a strong aesthetic sense and love a pretty Instagram feed as much as we do!
- Like making people happy and may have worked in customer service or operations before
- Show up when you say you will
- Are excited about providing a beautiful, environmentally and socially responsible alternative to traditional florists
What’s in it for you?
- A positive place to work that spreads happiness in the world (it’s true! Studies show that flowers have an immediate positive impact on mood.)
- A work environment that supports your creative self.
- Convenience - our light-filled studio is in the U St corridor in the heart of DC. It’s accessible by metro and close to cafes and restaurants.
- The opportunity to grow and blossom as the business does
- A place where you can wear jeans (or leggings, or whatever you want!) to work
- A boss who loves to mentor creative souls to follow their passions
Little Acre Flowers is a different kind of small business. We are super serious about supporting our team and sharing the fruits of our labor. You’ll receive competitive compensation, discounts on merchandise, access to a One Medical subscription and the chance to gain immeasurable experience at a bustling floral design studio.
Interested? Please contact Amber - amber (at) littleacreflowers.com - with your resume and a little information about why you’d be a good fit for this role. No phone calls, please (we’re busy designing!).