Studio & Events Manager
Little Acre Flowers is D.C.’s only 100% locally sourcing florist. Our garden-inspired arrangements reflect the seasons and include only the highest quality and longest-lasting ingredients sourced from as nearby as possible. Female-owned and run out of our studio in the U Street Corridor, we’ve received coverage through ABC News, Goop, Martha Stewart, The Washington Post, and Washingtonian for our unique “field to vase” approach. And we’re growing fast! We continue to grow our business by double digits each year, and we are looking for new team members to help us deliver joy to even more people in our region.
Little Acre is seeking a seasoned manager to take ownership of our growing weekend and events operations. The Studio & Events Manager will report to and work closely with Little Acre’s General Manager to fulfill weekend deliveries and oversee in-studio operations, as well as support event floral production.
Aspects of the role include:
- Floral design and fulfillment: Manage weekend design and delivery staff and processes including purchasing, order processing and delivery tracking. Help with executing floral designs.
- Customer service: Manage all customer correspondence channels (email, phone, social media) through part-time staff and directly as needed.
- Work with the General Manager to set sales goals, track KPIs, and manage performance
- Lead and support weekend event production
- 2-3 years experience leading people
- Has passion for the floral industry and some previous floral design experience
- Handles operations effortlessly and doesn’t hesitate to pull up their sleeves and hustle
- Likes making people happy and has some customer service experience
- Is excited to grow something and make it one’s own
- Problem solver who is unafraid of failure
- Flawless multi-tasker who is detail oriented and likes a high-energy workplace
- Strong aesthetic sense; loves a good Instagram feed ad much as we do!
- Is punctual and reliable, and likes the feeling of a hard day’s work
- Able to bend, squat, push, and lift heavy boxes and buckets and is comfortable standing for extended periods of time (this can be a physically demanding job!)
This is a fast-paced role with a starting hourly commitment of 20-25 hours/week, with a fast ramp up to full-time hours / salary if growth targets are achieved. Must be able to work most Saturdays. Compensation commensurate with experience and will include commission on event-related sales.
If you think you might be our next team member, we want to hear from you! Send your resume and cover letter to our General Manager: amber[at]littleacreflowers.com.