Careers - Studio Assistant
Little Acre Flowers, DC’s only 100% locally sourcing florist, is looking to grow our amazing team!
What you’ll doIn this role, you’ll work directly to support end-to-end, in-studio production for our delivery business. This is an extremely hands-on position that involves everything from prepping vases and other materials, to processing flowers, packaging arrangements for delivery, helping customers over the phone, managing trash and compost, and, as-needed, supporting preparation for weekend events. This position is quite physical and requires someone who can be on their feet for many hours at a time, can squat and lift up to 50 lbs.
You could be our next team member if you:
- Have some exposure to flower growing and/or floral design
- Are a natural multi-tasker, proactive problem solver, and thrive in a high-energy workplace
- Pitch in to make sure the job gets done and are flexible to adjust to rapid change
- Have a strong aesthetic sense and love a pretty Instagram feed as much as we do!
- Like making people happy and may have worked in customer service or operations before
- Show up when you say you will
- Are excited about providing a beautiful, environmentally and socially responsible alternative to traditional florists
What’s in it for you?
- A positive place to work that spreads happiness in the world (it’s true! Studies show that flowers have an immediate positive impact on mood.)
- A work environment that supports your creative self.
- Convenience - our light-filled studio is in the U St corridor in the heart of DC. It’s accessible by metro and close to cafes and restaurants.
- The opportunity to grow and blossom as the business does
- A place where you can wear jeans (or leggings, or whatever you want!) to work
- A boss who loves to mentor creative souls to follow their passions
Little Acre Flowers is a different kind of small business. We are super serious about supporting our team and sharing the fruits of our labor. You’ll receive competitive compensation, discounts on merchandise, access to a One Medical subscription and the chance to gain immeasurable experience at a bustling floral design studio.
Commitment: Must be able to commit to three in-studio days (or 20-25 hours), at minimum.
Interested? Please contact Amber - amber[at]littleacreflowers.com - with your resume and a little information about why you’d be a good fit for this role. No phone calls, please (we’re busy designing!).